Friday, April 22, 2022

Women's Voices--Resurrection!

This Sunday our sisters and brothers in Romania, Russia, Ukraine, and other places who follow the Julian calendar will be celebrating Easter. One year, when I visited Moldova in April, I got to celebrate Easter twice!

My friends in Romania tell me that every year a film about Jesus comes on TV at this time. This year it will be Magdalena, the story of Jesus told by Mary Magdalene to a group of women. 

That is very encouraging to us. Here you see Keith at the Operation Mobilisation Center outside of Brussels recording the voice of Magdalena for the Flemish version of this film. The smiling lady is Magdalena. The thoughtful-looking man also speaks Flemish as his first language and is "proof-listening." 

Keith was part of a team that recorded the voices for Magdalena, the Story of Jesus for Children, and the Jesus film all in Flemish, all in 2 weeks' time. Flemish and the Dutch Keith and I learned are different dialects of the same language. As we were recording, we discovered how different!

These films all exist in the standard Dutch of the Netherlands. But at the review, one of the Flemish-speakers said, "This is the first time I've heard a Christian film in Flemish. I was surprised by how much it really touched me."

Perhaps you would like to watch one of these films in your own language, too? https://www.jesusfilm.org/watch.html


No comments:

Post a Comment