Friday, March 11, 2022

Update from Partners in Moldova Ministering to Refugees from Ukraine

 From Pastor Petru Ciochina in Moldova:

 Forty-four Roma were accommodated in the church building in Nisporeni, but they went to another
destination (Germany). Yesterday I visited the center in Nisporeni organized by the local authorities. There are 80 refugees, but they didn't have cups for them, plates. I took something for them. There are 40 children. I talked to a refugee teacher. She said she wanted to do activities with the children. I brought notebooks and crayons. I found out that there are two Roma women with children. Now I want to visit them to see their needs. Tomorrow I plan to go to the south of Moldova on the border with Ukraine, there are many refugees. We'll give them hot food and tea. There are many waiting for accommodation, it is cold and humid. I think I'm going to take cold medicine.

Thank you for your support. There is no one in the church building now. We are waiting for other refugees tonight or tomorrow. We are on the list of churches that receive refugees. We are waiting. Today I went to the Roma family. I didn't know there were so many children. 6 small children. I made a to-do list. I'll go shopping tomorrow. They have nothing.

If you wish to donate for this, please do so through CBF’s Ukrainian Relief Fund. We anticipate sending $4,000 from that fund to this work in Moldova.From Pastor Petru Ciochina:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment