Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Jesus Speaks My Language

The Jesus films Keith helped dub into Flemish are ready for their final review. Praise God! 

Flemish is the version of Dutch spoken in Belgium. They dubbed three films:  the Jesus video based on Luke's Gospel, a shorter children's version, and the Magdalena Project, a shorter version narrated by Mary Magdalene. 

The first Jesus film Keith worked on was in Sinti Romani. During the final review, Keith noticed that one of the Sinti voice actors had tears streaming down his face. Keith asked if the film was that bad. No, the man replied, I've been a Christian for years. I heard that God speaks all languages, but now, somehow, I know it. Jesus speaks my language. I will pray now in the language my mother used, and God will understand.


Why make the Jesus film in Flemish? Because Flemish mothers do not speak Standard Dutch, Flemish people do not think or dream in Standard Dutch. God speaks to each of us in the language of our hearts. 

What is your heart language?


No comments:

Post a Comment