Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Do you have fun at work? I do sometimes. And so do these ladies. They work at the Naomi Center in Bucharest, Romania. I joined them twice last week. The atmosphere was gezellig (a Dutch word that doesn't translate well; a good cup of coffee with friends in a cozy setting would be gezellig). The ladies came in throughout the course of the morning and picked up whatever orders they were filling. Some made make-up bags. Others were busy with infinity scarves. In between times they chatted in languages I didn't understand. They are paid per item, not per hour, so they work for themselves at whatever pace suits them.
I'm not sure why these two were cutting such large pieces of fabric, but they were sure enjoying themselves while they did it. And I enjoyed my day at work, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment